Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello, Lucas here today. My mom interviewed me during lunch and this is it (the SDA stuff is after my interview):

M: So, today for the blog I am going to interview you about your perspective of Ukraine.

L: Oh. What does that mean?

M: That I will ask you questions about Ukraine.

L: I don't like it.

M: Okay, well, let's start with the positive. I will ask you questions and you answer.

L: All right.

M: How did you like the Tram?

L: Rockin' good.

M: How about the Subway?

L: Awesome!!

M: Which one did you like better?

L: The Subway because it is so fast and so dark.

M: Hmm, I don't remember it being dark.

L: There were lights in the train but the tunnel was dark because it's underground.

M: How about the food. What do you like for food?

L: I like the cheese and the bread of course and the ice cream.

M: What restaurants did you like?

L: I like the pizza one the most. I liked the place we went to 2 times where I had the pancakes with meat inside. Can we go there for breakfast sometime? Remember they have Breakfast?

M: Okay, let's do that. Let's ask Dad.

M: How do you like the apartment?

L: I like it. I like my bed. I like that the apartment is so small. I love the security thing. There is a key to our apartment and I like the security phone. I like that our kitchen is so small and that our bathroom is small too.

M: How do you like the orphanage?

L: I LOVE the orphanage! The kids are so nice there. They are nice to me and they kept saying thank you when they got their presents yesterday. And I kept saying your welcome.

M: Would you like to live there?

L: Yes.

M: What don't you like about Ukraine?

L: Not really anything.

M: Oh, I thought you said there were things you didn't like.

L: That people don't know our language. I don't like the paperwork takes so long. I don't like phone calls from Igor and Viktor and the meetings. I do like Igor and Viktor I just don't like the phone calls. Also, I am scared about seeing the judge.

M: What scares you about seeing the judge?

L: I hope he understands English in case he asks me questions. I hope he's not mean. I hope he doesn't ask me any questions.

M: I think Viktor will translate for you if the judge does ask questions.

L: Can I watch Marvel now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


SDA Mission mostly accomplished!

We went with Viktor, our attorney, to the SDA office (adoption center). Last week this same meeting started (usually lasts about 10 minutes) and then stopped because we did not possess a certain document from the Ukraine welfare office. Last Thursday the document was signed by the Welfare office. 

The purpose of our meeting today was to present the now signed welfare document to the SDA, affirm that Sasha is the child we want to adopt and receive a signed “letter of referral”. Today we accomplished the first 2 of the 3 objectives – in 10 minutes. The third objective – receive the letter of referral - did not happen due to the absence of the manager.  That means that we will be going back to the SDA office tomorrow at the precise time such documents are allowed to be obtained: 4 PM. Thankfully we can walk to the SDA office from our apartment in just 15 minutes.

Then what? We will go to the juvenile welfare office and present our letter of referral (with Viktor) on Wednesday morning, hopefully. The purpose of that meeting is to get permission to visit the orphanage under juvenile welfare supervision. We hope to have the first supervised visit at the orphanage on Wednesday as well.

In the meantime we: just keep praying, just keep praying, just keep praying….

1 comment: