Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday, March 11, 2011

One of those mornings.

One of those great mornings.

Lucas sat at the top of the stairs stretching wide to shake off the sleep and said "I had a dream last night that we were getting on the plane to Ukraine!" And then: "How many more Zaftras (tomorrows)?"

After breakfast it was time to call Sasha - 5:00 PM in Ukraine - close to suppertime. After the usual pleasantries he said the adoption coordinator told him we were coming to Ukraine. Sasha said "My go to America and Mommy, Poppi and Lucas my forever family, yes?" Funny how to words like "forever family" can say it all. He proceeded to boast about how he doesn't have to go to school while we are there. The next questions (the ones that occur more than any other): "Me play soccer America? And me sport bike and karate?"

One of those great mornings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, my forever family it made me cry... WOW that says it all. Next time I see you I might just call you my "forever family". Thanks for sharing. David writing

    ReplyDelete